Boy do I need to blog more often. I find it very difficult to shift my blogging time into high gear so that it can cruise past the million other things I need to do instead. Case in point, take a look at the date of my last post. It was back during Santa’s busy season. Sure, right now blogging often may not be that big of a deal. I have just over 500 followers on twitter and just a handful of readers of my blog. (Thanks to you faithful few by the way) But I know like with any good thing we invest in, the more we plant the more we can expect to grow and one day multiply exponentially. So I thought today I’d list a few of my really good reasons not to blog and see if any of you out there can relate. If so I’d love some feed back on what you guys are doing to beat the blogging beast and consistently put your thoughts out there for others to consider.
Why I don’t blog often (An expose by Jim Parker)
1. I have a lot going on in my REAL life with my other job.
2. No one really reads this stuff anyway, whats the use.
3. This post wil NOT be the revolutionary though that transforms the writing world. I'll wait until I have THAT post.
4. If I’m investing time in writing I need to be utilizing that time in working my current novel, not some meaningless blog post.
5. Ok now i'm going to sit, type, blog...wait, I wonder who's on facebook chat right now?
So, is it just me are do these kinds of really good excuses keep you guys from blogging early and often as well? The crazy thing is I know none of these excuses are good enough and some of these excuses are downright false. I read blog post all of the time from random unknown bloggers that inform, intrigue, and very often even inspire me. So, what if my minor musings are doing the same for some other poor internet junkie out there? Shouldn't I then feel compelled to put my thoughts out on a somewhat regular basis? I MUST blog more...wait, I wonder what’s trending on twitter right now, maybe I should click of over and just see, then I will (click)...